New release: usbguard-0.7.6, and important projects updates again!
A new release of USBGuard is available and it brings important bug fixes and new features. See the release page at Github for more information about the release.
Now the important projects updates I would like to announce:
- Unfortunately, I made a mistake in git workflow thus the release has not a verified sign next to release 0.7.6.
- The proof-of-concept Qt applet was substituted with a brand new project called usbguard-notifier.
- Added missing options in manpage usbguard-daemon(8)
- Extended the functionality of allow/block/reject commands the command can handle rule as a param and not only its ID e.g. in case of allow, command will allow each device that matches provided rule
- Added debug info for malformed descriptors
- Changed default backend to uevent
- Fixed handling of add uevents during scanning now we are sure that the enumeration is completed before processing any uevent we are trying to avoid a race where the kernel is still enumerating the devices and send the uevent while the parent is being authorised
- Silenced ‘bind’ and ‘unbind’ uevents
Many thanks to the following people for contributions to this release and to the USBGuard project: